These guidelines are for novel-length manuscripts. If you want to submit a short story, please see the submission details in Kraxon Magazine.
We are currently closed to unsolicited submissions of manuscripts. This page will be updated as and when submission windows open.
Please ensure you only send us manuscripts in the genres we publish. We want to publish science fiction, fantasy, supernatural, utopian, dystopian, apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic and alternate history.
Please only contact us with a complete, spell-checked manuscript of between 80,000 to 120,000 words.
Please send us a cover letter, a one-page synopsis, and your manuscript’s first ten pages. Use default font sizes (Arial/Calibri 11pt) and single-line spacing.
Please send a cover letter, synopsis and the first ten pages as three separate attachments (Microsoft Word .docx or Rich Text Format .rtf). Also, include the cover letter in the body of the email.
An email address will be specified when a submission window is open.
Note: We only accept submissions in electronic form. We do not accept postal or hand-delivered submissions.
An email subject line may be specified when a submission window opens.
Generally use ‘Submission: Title by Author’.
You will receive an acknowledgement within fourteen working days of submission. Please use the Contact Us page if you have not received an acknowledgement.
We understand that authors may submit manuscripts to multiple agents/publishers simultaneously. While we do not require exclusivity during submission, please notify us if your manuscript is no longer available for consideration.
Terms and conditions
The following points are similar to that of our author agreement contract. If you cannot agree to these conditions, it is unlikely we will be able to consider your manuscript for publication.
The Author warrants that:
- They are entitled to enter into a publishing agreement;
- The manuscript is the original work of the Author(s) and the Author(s) is/are the sole author(s) of the manuscript;
- The manuscript has not, and no substantial part of the manuscript has been previously published or made available for public viewing;
- The manuscript does not breach any law or regulation, infringe any person’s Intellectual Property Rights or other legal rights;
- The manuscript does not contain anything defamatory, obscene, indecent, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or the right to a private life, in contempt of court, in contravention of racial hatred, religious hatred, official secrets or data protection legislation;
- The manuscript has never been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other complaint;
- The manuscript is not AI-generated.
Your manuscript may be similar to another manuscript submitted to us or one we are already considering. You agree not to hold us liable for any similarity to your manuscript in other manuscripts we publish.
How long before I hear back?
This depends on how many manuscripts are received during the submission window. We will post a timescale on the website within a week of the window closing.